Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Interview with Lee Child

I had the opportunity to hear Lee Child speak at Sleuthfest a few months ago (even got to stand near him at a poolside cocktail party) and the description of him given in this article as "the sort of person who carefully outlines his replies, explaining that there are three reasons for this or two causes of that, [with] a mind that’s a midden of trivia" does capture Child's persona well.

During Child's speech, which included a good deal of historical information, I was struck by how well-read he obviously was and his amazing facility for remembering the obscure fact or two.

So he'd already made an impression on me when I read this article. Now, I'm all the more curious to read his Jack Reacher books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers