Saturday, August 23, 2008

So Good, It's Criminal

I like to read a variety of books, but must confess that I tend to favor crime fiction, since that's what I write. I think it's good to read other types of work (freshens the literary palate, you might say), but crime fiction is what I'm most into right now. And there's an amazing amount of good stuff out there.

I've just started getting into Italian noir (there's not a whole lot of it at my public library, which means I must commit to a purchase before I can read many of those books . . . and there are so many good books to read at the library . . . it's a dilemma), but here's an article about how the genre seems to be faring rather well.

Plus a few items from The Rap Sheet, a blog authored by Jim Winter, a person I happen to know (hi, Jim!) who apparently likes Reed Farrell Coleman (hi, Reed!) as much as I do and has done a very interesting interview with him.

Jim also mentions a book or two (or more) that you may have overlooked for your TBR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers