Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Gripping, Yet Poignant Look at Reviewer Cliches

Okay, I promise on my word of honor that I will try my very, very best not to use any of these dreadful cliches in any future review I write for this blog.

Yes, it's hard to write reviews without endlessly repeating certain overused words and expressions. You find yourself thinking, "Did I call the last one 'thrilling' or 'enthralling'?" And "Just how many times can I describe an author as 'promising' or 'inspiring'?" (Assuming I can remember what words I used before--no guarantees there.)

Anyhow, take a look at these Top 20 Most Annoying Book Reviewer Cliches. You could say it's an unflinching, fully realized tour de force (and a rollicking one at that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers