Saturday, March 5, 2011

Librarians Stick it to HarperCollins Big Time

As you may recall from my previous post, HarperCollins has imposed an arbitrary rule limiting circulation of any of its ebook titles to 26 times. Why 26? Who knows? It's arbitrary.

I stated the complete disbelief I had for the publisher's position that this was to look out for their authors' best interests. I mean, why start now? lol Oops, sorry. Wrong blog. Ha!

Anyhow, I also contended that ebooks didn't suffer wear and tear. However, I was wrong, actually. Yes! Listen! Read! In this article, librarians make a compelling case that ebooks do, in fact, undergo a technological wear and tear of a sort. But certainly not after only 26 times 'round the block. Such wear and tear relates more to advances in technology. Like VHS to DVD and CDs to DVDs then MP3s and so on and so forth, etc.

Plus check out this awesome video. Says it all, really.



BTW, have you noticed what a polite headline the article has compared to my post? lol Librarians are so polite. They really are. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers