Saturday, March 21, 2009

Catching Up on News

I saw recently that James Purdy died. His writing is described as "darkly comic." As I read this, I became intrigued. I've never read his stuff, but have made a mental note to add him to my TBR list. (When Gore Vidal calls someone an "authentic American genius," that gets my attention.)

And, on the dark side, had to post about Hard Case Crime's 50th release titled FIFTY-TO-ONE. No one does it like Hard Case Crime or Charles Ardai. Well--more accurately--they used to do it, and Ardai is doing it again. :) Really well, at that.

And check out this list of book blogs. At least one of these (BookSlut) simply must go on my blogroll and I'll have to consider adding the rest. Swear I'll get 'round to that soon. (Thanks to Anne Wayman of About Freelance Writing for these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers