Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Save Our Libraries Day -- UK

Here's the thing. I don't live in the UK. However, since this is a blog about books and I write about them in between posting reviews and I don't have a review to post at this time and since I've been (just as a side note) selling a remarkable number of downloads of my book IDENTITY CRISIS and to a lesser extent my latest novel LEAST WANTED on Amazon UK (for which I am very grateful -- thank you, people of the UK for that!) ...

Um, that was just the introduction, wasn't it?

Okay, I happened to see this blog today. Well, I care about saving libraries whether they're here or in the UK or wherever. And the post about the Save Our Libraries protest in the UK seemed familiar. Then it hit me.

I'd already seen it here.

As you can see, this isn't just any news report about the protest, but the blog of an actual participant. Paul Downie who created Nik Nak's Old Peculiar actually uses the library to gather facts for the trivia questions on his blog.

In any case, it occurred to me that this is the second time I've gotten news from that blog, the first being the death of John Barry. Weird? Coincidence?

I just thought that was kind of cool. And the blog is cool, too. Take it from me, the trivia is kind of fun. I encourage you all to give it a try. Especially if you're the kind of person who likes to do online research. (No, it's not cheating. :))

And (in the interest of full disclosure) if you read the blog, you may notice a few mentions here and there of a crimewriter named Debbi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers