Sunday, July 13, 2008

Any Questions?

Sarah Statz Cords of Reader's Advisor Online is looking for a few good questions for a library book group. She mentions an online source for readers' groups and publishers' Web sites as potential places to mine for material. I've never been in a book group (unless you count me and two other attorneys I worked with trying to start a small book group by agreeing to read ALL THE KING'S MEN and discussing it over lunch one time). Anyone have ideas for where to come up with book group questions?

I've noticed some authors (or editors--I don't know who actually writes them) will provide suggested questions in the back of their books. But, if you have those, you wouldn't have to look for others, would you?

If it's a classic book (or even a high-profile modern one), I'd suggest Googling the title and looking for discussions about it. I'm sure there must be some great fodder for thought out there. Also, check online discussion groups. What's the buzz about the book? Is it controversial and, if so, why? What questions have other people raised about it?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers