Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm a Mystery Scene Magazine Reviewer

Several months ago, I inquired about being a reviewer for Mystery Scene Magazine. Got a (conditionally) affirmative response. (Yay! Beats rejection, that's for sure.)

Essentially, the deal was for me to write a short review (150 - 300 words--we're talking really short) for one book. If they liked it, they'd keep me on as a freelance reviewer.

So, I wrote my first review of Ed Lin's upcoming release, SNAKES CAN'T RUN. (Good book, BTW. You can read all about it in Mystery Scene Magazine. Because it seems I'm in. :))

I have to tell you, it's pretty cool receiving ARCs (advance review copies, in case you didn't know). Getting that first look at what's on the literary horizon.

Apparently, my review must not have completely sucked, because I've received TWO more books to review. Therefore, I guess it's official. I'm a book reviewer for Mystery Scene Magazine.

And the two books? One is NEVER WAVE GOODBYE, Doug Magee's debut novel. The other is FRAGILE by Lisa Unger. OMG, now I'm drooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers