Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mystery Scene Review of 'Fragile' by Lisa Unger

I have a few reviews in the latest Mystery Scene Magazine. I'd like to post each separately over the next week.

The first up is FRAGILE by Lisa Unger. You can read the review here, but in short, this book is awesome.

I happened to run across this post from Lisa's blog, in which she talks about this book and her development as a writer. I think it speaks for itself, but I wanted to highlight a portion of it. Quoting Lisa:

"This story has tried to find its way out in various partials over the years. Always with different voices and never quite succeeding to resolve itself. I was surprised when it surfaced in FRAGILE. And in writing this book I learned something truly interesting: one can have ambitions to write a story but not have the talent or the craft to tell it well. It took the writing of eight novels before I had the skills necessary to tell the story, to write the kind of book that had been simmering for decades."

Congratulations, Lisa! You've succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers