Saturday, September 25, 2010

The 15th Annual Baltimore Book Festival

If you're going to be in the Baltimore area tomorrow, it's the last day of the Baltimore Book Festival. Turns out it's the fifteenth one. (Who knew? I thought it had been going on a lot longer.) The festivities will run from noon to 7 p.m. in the historic Mount Vernon section of Baltimore City on Sunday.

The festival has always struck me (as a local resident) as something of a fixture. I thought it had been going on for decades. Guess it just feels like decades. :)

This year's festival features (according to the Web site) "more than 225 celebrity, nationally known and local authors including Holly Robinson Peete, Rodney Peete, Barbara Bradley Hagerty, Nigel Barker, Ree Drummond, Michele Norris, Sherri Sheppard, Judge Glenda Hatchett, Jesse Ventura, Warren St. John, Amy Dickinson ("Ask Amy") and Matt & Ted Lee.

"Our Children's Bookstore Stage is once again packed with your favorite authors and illustrators.  Highlights include: Judith Viorst, Michael Buckley, Peter Earnest, Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier and Carrie Ryan."


And, even though it's not mentioned, I was there today. I went to sign and sell my novel, IDENTITY CRISIS. Here's my report on the day.

Okay, move along. Not much to see here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers