Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tempest in 'Three Cups of Tea'

Once again, we have what appears to be a true account that is allegedly not completely accurate.

When I saw this article's headline, I was a bit dismayed, because I found the book THREE CUPS OF TEA to be highly inspirational.

However, if you actually read the article you'll see the accounts being called into question don't pertain so much to the mission of Greg Mortenson's organization as how well he runs it, along with certain other aspects of his story that aren't relevant to it.

Now ... given that many people don't bother reading past the first few paragraphs of a news article. And given that none other than Jon Krakauer, who wrote the bestseller INTO THIN AIR, has stated of Mortenson's book (and I quote): "It's a beautiful story, and it's a lie."

Given all that, please read the entire story. And consider the bigger picture. Thank you.

And I'm not just saying that because I happened to like this book very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews Last 30 Days

Followers